About this ministry
We believe the ministry of ‘good’ games can have its place in the earthly pilgrimage of evangelical Christians. Be it ancient and physically envolved ones or modern and computerized ones. This ofcause is provided these ‘good’ games are not abused – because just as sleep can be innocent and great for a man’s health. When abused (through oversleeping when one could be rationally up ministering in one form or the other) can be punishable evil.I personally have also found computer games great in keeping my two older sons preoccupied while I try to get some work or rest done. But we ofcause emphasize ‘good’ because not all games out there are Christian friendly or commendable. It is in fact because of this missing Christian friendly quality that likeChrist Ministries was brought to consider creating (or promote the creation thereof) of computer based (including smartphones) games that should be careful not offend in their make-up. We believe there exist many value adding games with hopeful themes or gameplay out there, but because they are as much often spottet with the world’s vanities, Christians are often brought to consider turning away from utterly. But this is amongst others one area we believe Christians can help it and hence commit to help address.
Through all our kids oriented sub-ministries, the following are some of the questions we seek to answer:
- How do our younger children (as Christian parents) pass their time on daily basis?
- How do we keep them preoccupied when we have to be busy elsewhere?
- What do they do when not at Sunday school or elementary?
- What computer or phone games do we let them play?
- What stories do they read or listen to (both at home as well as school?)
- What video literatures do they pass their time watching?
- Who (or what material) facilitates their elementary education?